Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reminders

Some of you know I keep a small Sheep ornament on my desk to remind me of an experience I had at camp as a counselor.  It has served to remind me of God's desire to find us no matter what!  I am reading a new book called A Closer Look at the Evidence and the author referenced a poem I want to share with you:

Remember the Rooster
The rooster is mentioned in God's holy book;
He was given a special part.
The Lord used him to remind a man
Of his terribly sinful heart.

Now Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
All wrote about this bird.
They said the rooster made his sound,
And by Peter it was heard.

Poor Peter was clearly told that he,
Like us, was prone to sin.
How often Christ said, "Without my help,
A sinful person can't win."

With a hear full of pride, Peter replied,
"Your side, I'll never leave."
Jesus then warned him to watch what he said,
For his words would make him grieve.

Late that night, Peter got his chance
To say, "Yes, Jesus I know."
But he failed three times and denied his Lord
When the rooster began to crow.

Let the rooster be both to you and me,
A warning to run from sin.
Let us seek the Lord's help and follow His book,
So the devil cannot win.

What has God put in your live to serve as a reminder of lessons learned?

In His service, CrazyPete

No comments:

Post a Comment