Friday, March 25, 2011

100th Post!

When I logged on this morning, I noticed this is my 100th time writing on this blog... This past year has seen a lot of changes!  I remember starting this blog just under a year ago and trying to think what it would feel like to be here after one year...

I have seen growth in myself and in how I lead camp.  I am excited as a another summer approaches, and the team which is being built is looking amazing!  I cannot wait to get into summer!

This year has me digging into a lot of Christ's claims about Himself and truth.  John 14:6 says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."  John 8:32 says, "You will know the truth, and the truth with set you free."  John 18:37 says, "Jesus answered, 'You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.'"  John 10:10 says, "The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; but I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly."

Jesus made claims about truth and Himself which should shatter our ways of life.  Truth, freedom, and abundant life all roll into one.  The truth of Jesus brings freedom, and the freedom found in Christ leads to abundant life.  This is great news!  But I find myself not always living abundantly.  Whether I am at camp, on a promo, at church, or just sitting around at home, there are times when I don't feel free.  What does it mean to be free in Christ?  What does it mean to know Jesus as the Truth? 

Are these questions you struggle with?  Or am I the only one?

In His service, Crazy Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment